1. Admission to the events of the Bartok Spring International Arts Weeks
The Bartok Spring International Arts Weeks is Hungary’s new event series dedicated to the arts, which is organized by Müpa Budapest (henceforth: Festival organizer / Organizer). By attending an event of the Bartok Spring International Arts Weeks (henceforth: Festival), you as a visitor agree to and acknowledge the Festival’s rules of attendance (henceforth: Rules).
- Health protection regulations that follow from current laws and government recommendations are to be followed at the event venues of the Festival, while the Festival organizer may also impose stricter rules on a case-by-case basis. Relevant information will be provided on our official website, www.bartoktavasz.hu.
- While the Festival organizer strives to provide the best audience experience possible, what is top priority in an extraordinary public health situation is enforcing the health protection regulations and dealing with the consequences of cancelled events. To ensure that the holders of tickets to such events that are cancelled because of the health regulations or recommendations can have their tickets refunded with minimum delay, please use the online channels to purchase tickets whenever possible. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Our performances and events can be attended with valid tickets. This rule shall not apply to free events and ones where attendance is only subject to registration.
- Would visitors attending free events please be informed that attendance is subject to the capacity of the event hall. Once the specified capacity has been reached, fire safety regulations will require that event hosts not allow more visitors to enter.
- Attend Festival events at your own risk.
- When queuing, please try to maintain social distance.
- If you arrive after the start of the performance, you can only take your seat with the assistance of the event hosts, without disturbing other members of the audience.
- If safety measures slow down admittance, the performance will not start before all visitors have taken their seats, whether they have arrived on foot or by car. This rule notwithstanding, you are encouraged to arrive earlier than usual.
- When discount tickets are made available at certain event venues of the Festival (Müpa Budapest, Liszt Academy), students must present their student IDs to purchase student tickets. One individual can purchase one ticket, and the offer is subject to availability. A student ticket is non-transferrable, and will be marked with the purchaser’s student ID number. Student tickets are valid for the designated seats.
- Wheelchair users can book tickets in accordance with the given venue’s rules of attendance.
2. Cloakrooms and storing valuables
- Use the cloakroom in accordance with the given venue’s rules of attendance. The cloakroom staff accepts liability only for items that visitors would typically bring to a theatre or a concert hall, such as umbrellas and garments. The cloakroom staff does not accept liability for items of unusually great value, such as large sums of cash or valuable jewellery.
- At some of the venues the following items may not be taken inside the event room: food, drinks, objects that may disturb the person on the seat next to yours due to its size, or that may obstruct escape and access routes (e.g. stroller, small motorbike, scooter, large musical instrument).
- The Festival organizer shall bear no liability for valuables left at its event venues.
3. Right to make changes to programmes; ticket refunds
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the dates, times, venues and performers of its events, as well as the right to cancel them altogether.
- Only tickets for cancelled events can be refunded.
- When an event is cancelled, ticket holders can claim their refund within 30 days from the event date – or if there is a state of emergency, within 30 days from the end of the state of emergency –, on our official website, www.bartoktavasz.hu, following the instructions found there. Müpa Budapest shall return the price within 90 days from the date of the claim.
- Tickets lost, destroyed or damaged cannot be replaced.
4. Right to assign seats to viewers, special seats
- Whenever the ideal performance of a production necessitates it, the Festival organizer shall have the right to assign seats to viewers other than those purchased, provided the new seat is of a higher price category. In such cases, event hosts shall inform viewers of the re-assignment.
- The venues of the Festival can only be entered with a ticket.
- The artistic concept of a performance may require scenery (whether on the stage or in the auditorium) that may restrict the view of the stage from some of the seats. The Festival organizer adjusts its ticket prices accordingly, and may offer “discount tickets” for the seats in question.
- The Festival organizer makes audio and video recordings of some of its productions, which may necessitate the establishment of camera posts in the auditorium, where the installed devices may obstruct the view of the stage from certain seats. If your seat is affected, you may ask the event hosts to find you an alternative seat if there are any available.
- At certain venues of the Festival (Müpa Budapest, Liszt Academy, Akvárium Klub), the artistic concept of the performance may require that an orchestral pit or camera rail be set up in front of the stage and behind a parapet. This may reduce legroom in the first row. If this is an important consideration for you, please ask our colleagues for further information prior to purchasing tickets for the affected seats.
5. Expected conduct at Festival events and venues
- Performances intended for adults are not recommended for visitors under the age of six. When an event is intended for children, please be mindful of age recommendations. Should a child, with their behaviour or loud talking, disturb other viewers in the enjoyment of an event for adults, our event hosts may request the child and its guardian to leave the hall.
- Please refrain from attending our events if you are ill, especially if you have upper respiratory tract complaints. Please stay at home for a speedy recovery and to prevent transmission of the infection, and if you can, give your ticket to someone else.
- Event hosts may request viewers or visitors who disturb a performance or its enjoyment, or disturb or offend other people at the venue, with their talking, noisy or offensive behaviour, to leave. Mobile phones or other devices that may disturb an event must not be used during the event. When a visitor who has been requested to stop using such a device refuses to comply, event hosts, the audience services officer or security staff may request them to leave the event hall. Upon the express request of the audience services officer, security staff will request the visitor who disturbs others or the performance to leave, will accompany them out if necessary, and may call upon the police to take action.
- A person visibly under the influence of alcohol or drugs may not attend an event or enter a Festival venue, even if they are in possession of a valid ticket. Event hosts, the audience services officer and security staff shall have the right to request such visitors under the influence to leave the premises.
- The vision and sound at a performance of the Festival are integral parts of the production’s artistic concept. If you find the volume too low or too loud, please consider that our sound technicians take especial care, throughout the entire performance, to ensure that the volume does not exceed permitted levels.
- Visitors shall use the premises of a Festival venue according to their intended purpose and keep them clean and orderly; equipment and furnishings in the buildings, and the buildings themselves, shall not be damaged and shall be used as per instructions. Visitors shall make all reasonable efforts to protect, and avoid endangering, their own and others’ life and bodily health, the property of the event venue and of others, as well as the building, furnishings and equipment of the event venue.
- Whether an animal is allowed inside the Festival area is subject to the rules of the given Festival venue. Guide dogs are allowed in all festival venues.
- No weapons or objects resembling weapons, nor any objects or substances constituting a hazard to life, bodily integrity and health, may be taken inside Festival event venues. Means of transport (e.g. bicycles, scooters, small motorcycles, roller skates, skateboards, etc.) may be brought in if the device is foldable and can be carried in hand, in which case they must be deposited in the cloakroom.
- Smoking is not allowed in the buildings of Festival event venues. Smoking is only permitted outside the buildings, in areas designated for the purpose by the rules of attendance of the event venue.
- Guests must comply with measures undertaken by authorized Festival staff. In the event of some extraordinary occurrence (natural disaster, fire, bomb alert, etc.), visitors must follow the instructions of Festival employees, as well as those of the given event venue’s evacuation plan.
- On the premises of a Festival venue, activities that are at variance with the intended purpose of the building, or any business activities, shall be carried out only with the written permission of the Organizer.
6. Image and sound recording
- By entering a venue of the Festival, you expressly acknowledge that images and audio recordings may be made at the event and at the venue, in which you as a visitor may also appear. By attending a (public) event of the Festival, you allow the Organizers to use said recordings as part of their core, cultural activity. You may not make any claims against the Festival, the Organizers, the makers of the recording, or those who have a valid title to use the recording, when the recording is made use of in said manner.
- The Festival organizer expressly informs its viewers and visitors to its event venues that it shall not record or handle any personal health data, including data that may arise during the admittance or the ticket refund process.
- You may take photos at a Festival event venue for your personal use only. All other forms of use requires the Festival organizer’s prior written authorization, which you may request by sending an email to email@example.com.
- No audio or video may be recorded during concerts, performances and other events. (This includes audio and video recorded with a mobile phone.) Failure to observe this rule may entail the legal consequences of the infringement of copyright and related rights. If a visitor refuses to stop recording audio or video during a concert, performance or event when requested to do so by an event host, event hosts, the audience services officer and security staff may request them to leave the event hall and the premises of the venue.
The above rules constitute the Rules of Attendance. Visitors who violate these rules may be warned; they may then be banned from the building permanently or for a specific period of time; and they may have administrative action brought against them. The violator of the Rules, or the person who is the guardian of the violator of the Rules, shall be held liable for any damages resulting from the violation of the Rules. If the breach of the Rules is also a breach of law, the person breaching the Rules or the guardian of this person shall be held legally responsible, and shall bear any legal consequences that may arise.
Observing these Rules is in our mutual interest. We kindly request the cooperation of our esteemed visitors in this regard.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to seeing you at our events!